Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Crafting in an overcrowded market ~ Some HQ thoughts

Well since hitting R38 weaving I've been getting less and less sp from the velvet cloth. I still skill on it but not grind style anymore. I would like to start linen but not about to buy flax in bulk just yet when there is nothing to make with the linen cloth. So I pretty much am just crafting to keep the bazaar full for now. I try to sell items with good sp that sell quick enough to empty my bazaar each night. Been doing well with velvet tights/half gloves/vests. Black is always the biggest seller. Dealing with a solid 100+ people all making the same velvet gear has certainly slowed sales. Some resort to lowering prices till there is no profit made or its just not worth the time. Right now for me its ok since I'm SP'ing the synths I don't mind selling with little profit but I worry for the future. When the game get a good influx of population from Dec. update and then a major flood of new faces come PS3 it always takes time for the market to adjust. And all those early sales are lost profits thanks to undercutting in a slower market. Hope the trend halts and people don't decide to start selling for a total loss.

One thing that came up in my discussions when deciding what gear to continue to make was the thoughts on HQ and what gear helps what type of synth your doing. What my current theory is on the subject of Craftsmanship, M.Craftsmanship, and Control has evolved from launch. At first I was under the impression that Control was like the super stat helping all synths keep from going unstable. I have since changed my position on this. Now I believe maxing control to allow more BOLD and more TOUCHUPS before you see sparking essentially giving you more chances to HQ. Craft and M.Craft seem to help increase chances of successful actions during synthesis.

Bottom Line:
Control - Max for better chance to avoid sparking only (better chances to HQ)
M.Craft/Craft - Max for a difficult synth or just to help increase chances at successful actions

Hope we get a detailed loadstone to put all this guessing to rest but this is my current stance. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment